Wow, this past week flew by~ I can’t believe that is Friday again already. And that means that it is time for another edition of 5 Fun Freaky Facts for Friday, Chalk edition. Who is excited besides me? Woo hoo, let’s jump in and maybe you can learn a new thing about the fascinating many uses of chalk.
1. Let’s talk laundry. Did you know that if you get a grease stain on a garment, if you rub the stain with a stick of chalk before washing it, it will remove the stain? Thank goodness for side walk chalk, I will be storing it in the laundry room for now on. And possibly a stick in my purse for any stains that could occur on our mini adventures with the toddlers.
2. Got ants? An Old Wives tale says that if you draw a chalk line across your threshold that the ants won’t cross over it and invade your house. Bonus, the chalk is non toxic and safe for households with babies and fur babies.
3. If you happen to have Pewter items in your house that need cleaning, I have a trick for you. An easy one to boot. If you make a paste with ground chalk and vodka, it will clean the tarnish off of your Pewter items and make them look as good as new.
4. Move in to a new place? Congrats! Use chalk to determine furniture and picture placement. Just this once it will be okay to draw on the floor and the walls. I give you permission. After all, the chalk will easily wipe right off.
5. Are you living in an area that is subjected to humidity? Instead of using charcoal brickies, try using chalk to absorb the extra moisture in the air. The Chalk is less expensive and does the same trick as the Charcoal. That is a win win in my eyes.
Alright, there you have it! I hope that you enjoyed this weeks edition of 5 Fun Freaky Facts for Friday on Chalk. If you have any other ideas or suggestions of use for Chalk, please leave me a comment and share with me.
Thanks for stopping by and see you next week!