It’s getting to be the time of year again. Where baking is fun again and the smells of tantalizing dishes fill the home with home cooked love. I don’t the first time I had Green Bean Casserole, but I do know that it was love at first bite.
And as we all do, we learn to cook a dish really well and then we add our own spin to it. A revamp of it if you will, hence Cheesy Green Bean Casserole was born. This is a dish that I have been serving to my friends and family for years now. They enjoy it so much that it is requested often.
Truth be told, you can buy all the ingredients from your local Walmart and not break the bank making this easy and beloved recipe.
- 1 can of Campbell’s ® Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 cans of Del Monte ® Green Beans
- 2 cups of French’s ® Crispy Onions
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 tsp of butter
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Dash of Cajun Seasoning
- 1 cup of Cheddar Cheese
- How to prepare:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- In a medium pan, melt the butter and add the onions along with the salt, pepper and the Cajun seasoning
- Once the onions are soft and golden brown, add the Del Monte ® Green beans and the can of Campbell’s ® Cream of Mushroom Soup. Allow those flavors to marry by stirring them into each other for about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Next add half of the French’s ® Crispy Onions and fold them into the mixture
- Transfer the mixture into an oven safe dish and layer the top with the remaining French’s ® Crispy Onions.
- Top with the Cheddar Cheese
- And bake for 20 -25 minutes
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Enjoy this revamped with love of a tried and true classic rendition of Green Bean Casserole. Next time you’re in Walmart, go look at the screens by the green bean casserole display at the end of the aisle. Walmart is picking the best of the ideas given people like you and me to show right there in the store! If you see mine, let me know with a post or a tweet! Make sure to go to thisismytwist.com to see everyone’s suggested twists!
Be sure to pin this post for so you can find it again. And remember; sharing is caring. Yes, I just invited myself to your house when you make this dish.