Disclosure: All opinions are my own and I was not influenced to sway my opinion on this product. If I don’t like something; you’ll know
This Savory Chiptole Sauce is nothing short of amazing! Every great sauce has some liquor in it and this one is no exception. This one is made with Pura Vida Gold Tequila. The recipe has an intense smokey and piquant flavor that is sure to create one of the best meals that you have ever had. Seriously it is so good, I recommend to make a double batch and so that you always have some on hand.
It is possible to create a delicious sauce that will knock your socks off with just one pan. One pan cooking is the best. Less dishes to clean up is always a good thing when cooking. I used the sauce on some pork roast that I had previously cooked in the crock pot. (I told you that I like one pot cooking!) This sauce is so versatile that it will give any meat great flavoring.
This is part of my mini blog series of cooking with Pura Vida Tequila. You can check out the first two posts on the links below.
- 7 oz. can of Chiptole Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 7 oz. can of Tomato Paste
- 1 medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup of Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup of Lime Juice
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 cup of Water
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup of Pura Vida Gold Tequila
- In a medium sauce pan, combine Chipotle Peppers, Onion, Garlic, Water, Bay Leaf, Orange Juice and Lime Juice and bring to a boil over a medium-high heat.
- Boil until onions are softened, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and take out Bay Leaf
- Add Tomato Paste, Brown Sugar, Red Wine Vinegar, and Delicious Pura Vida Gold Tequila and blend all ingredients together well.
- Bring back to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes or desired consistency.
Be Safe while living the Pura Vida and Drink Responsible! Enjoy! Salud!