Disclosure: All opinions are my own and I was not influenced to sway my opinion on this product. If I don’t like something; you’ll know.
This is the second recipe in cooking with Pura Vida Tequila mini series. Thanks for coming back! I call this recipe Tequila Syrup. Only because these two things make everything better! So imagine how great they are together! Hint: This recipe is awesome, just like you!
Here is a fun little recipe for Pura Vida Tequila Syrup so when you need to add a little glazed sweetness to a dessert, that adds a extra little kick of agave for flavor.
In this instance I used it over fried plantains because while I am not a huge fan of them, my husband couldn’t leave them alone! The best part about this drizzle is that it starts off so basic and you can expand on it with different flavors or additives and it still holds just that little hint of tequila that adds a new and exciting characteristic to the flavors of your run of the mill dessert. Take your deserts from dab to Pura Vida Fab!
- 3 cups of sugar
- 2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of Pura Vida Gold Tequila
- *1 cup of fruit of your choice or 1 - 2 whole peppers destemmed.
- Combine the sugar and water (*also add in fruit or peppers if you are looking to play with the flavor) in a sauce pan and set on med-high heat and bring to a boil.
- When the liquid becomes nearly clear and is boiling hard (about 10 minutes), add the tequila and stir in.
- Continue to boil for at least 5 minutes until the liquid coats the back of a spoon.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before transferring to serving vessel of choice. (*if you have added a flavor in, blend thoroughly while still hot)
- Drizzle over your favorite dessert or fruit and enjoy!
To see the first post of this series, click here for my Vanilla Rita recipe.
Be Safe while living the Pura Vida and Drink Responsible! Enjoy! Salud!