Did Cupid send you a love but no cash to provide gifts to your love? It is okay, we have all been cash strapped for a holiday that a gift exchange was expected. To sound cliche, You don’t have to spend a lot of money on a gift to prove your love. And if they do, open the door so Cupid can send you a new love. Lol.
There are many creative ways to express your gratitude of your relationship that are budget friendly. Most importantly there are fun to give and can help rebuild and strengthen your bond. My favorite idea for a fun gift costs little or nothing at all. The concept of Valentines is to be grateful for the person in your life, not to buy their love. So have fun on this day and enjoy the person that holds your hand and loves you.
Here are a few ideas to have a thrifty and fun Valentines Day to get you started.
- Stay home and get naked! : )
- Take a bubble bath together and wash each others hair. I love having my hair washed by somebody else from time to time.
- Look at old pictures or scrapbooks together. Enjoy your past and look forward to celebrating your future.
- Give each other massages, if you have it in budget, take a class for couples massages. Or you can watch YouTube for a video class. It is the gift that keeps on giving.
- Go to a Sip and Paint class. Or a cooking class. You can find deals for these classes on Groupon and Yahoo Local Deals.
- Write a Top 10 Reasons of Why I Love You letter to your love! It is much better than a store bought greeting card.
- Grab a laptop, cue up YouTube/Pandora and a bottle of your favorite beverage, light some candles and hang out on the floor, sipping and listening to each others favorite songs. (These are my favorite reconnect times with my husband.)
- Make a dessert and head out to a park to enjoy it. Pack a blanket and star gaze while feasting on your yummy dessert.
- Check out a book on Origami from the library and challenge each other to see who can fold the best. Make a paper bouquet. Challenge each other to be the most creative.
- Dust off the board games from the closet and play a few games. Figure out the prize in advance, make sure it is one that both parties will benefit from.
- Make coupons for services to redeemed at a later date, i.e. massages, favorite dinner, breakfast in bed, etc.
- Take turns reading poetry to each other.
- Create a comic strip based on your relationship. This is fun even if you can’t draw.
- Go for the Worlds Longest Kiss! See if you can break the record!
- Fill up their cars with blown up balloons. A bag of balloons and some good lungs will really make your Valentine smile.
- You can create a love video for your Valentine. It is easy to create a video with downloaded pictures on your computer and add a few meaningful songs. It is a gift that will be cherished for many years.
Whatever you decide to plan for the evening, just have fun and enjoy your relationship. Happy Valentines Day! I hope your day is great and your night to be wonderful!
Life is short, spend it with someone who loves you for being you!